Merit Scholarship Standards
The Office of Student Financial Assistance will review grades at the end of each academic year. To remain eligible for merit scholarships, students must:
- Have a B+ average in all letter graded courses.
- Receive a Pass (P) in all courses graded Pass/Fail.
- Earn at least 21 credits per academic year.
- If you receive less than a B+ average or Fail a Pass/Fail course, you will be put on Probation.
- If you receive a No Credit (NC) and earn less than 21 credits during the academic year under review, you will be put on Probation.
- If you are put on Probation, you must make significant improvement to your grades during the next academic year or you may risk losing your scholarship.
- We are unable to complete the scholarship evaluation with any grade that is incomplete (INC). Incomplete grades must be graded by the middle of the next term. Our office will review this information to ensure it complies with the above policies.
After grades have been reviewed, students with merit scholarships will receive a letter from the Office of Student Financial Assistance, outlining the status of their merit scholarship for the upcoming academic year.