Credit & Compensation
- We encourage paid internships.
- Students can also receive receive academic credit for paid internships.
- Employers widen their pool of potential applicants by offering compensation.
- Employers are strongly encouraged to offer compensation for summer internships with fulltime hours.
- It is the student's responsibility to initiate the registration process.
- The registration process is done online and is entirely paperless.
- Students receive 3 studio elective credits from MassArt toward their major.
- The student's Faculty Internship Advisor has final approval on whether a student may receive credit for their internship.
- A student must be registered for credit before starting their internship. Students cannot receive credit retroactively.