Group Housing Lottery Process for 2013-14
Important: All students who apply for the group housing lottery must also submit an individual housing lottery application online by the appropriate deadline.
In order to be eligible for the group housing lottery, you must have the exact number of students for your group (i.e., an apartment/suite of 4 spaces must have 4 students signing the group housing lottery application).
Each group wishing to take part in the group housing lottery must submit a group housing lottery application by 5:00pm on Wednesday, February 27, 2013. The group application will be available online as of January 17, 2013.
- Co-ed group housing will be allowed, provided that double rooms are of a single sex.
- Each group will receive a group lottery number in addition to the individual lottery number assigned to each student. The group numbers will be emailed out to applicants on March 6, 2013 (UPDATED), and will indicate the order that each group will choose from available apartments / suites.
- The group numbers are chosen at random by a computer program.
- After receiving a group number, you cannot alter your group membership.
- Students with group numbers who are unable to, or choose not to, select a group apartment, will revert to their individual lottery number. (Individual lottery selection will be on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 and Thursday, March 28, 2013).
- Make sure you know which group lottery you are a part of; there are three group housing lotteries:
- Current on campus first time college students / foundation transfer students only
- On campus first time college / foundation transfer students mixed with off campus first time college / foundation transfer students and/or upper class students (current sophomore - junior).
- Off campus first time college / foundation transfer students and/or upper class students only
GROUP HOUSING LOTTERY NUMBERS FOR APARTMENTS (EXAMPLE)
The information below is provided as an example to help students and parents understand the group lottery process.
All groups, regardless of the number of students (2 person, 3 person, 4 person or 5 person group applications), will receive a group lottery number and will select from available space by that number. The following example applies to each of the three group lotteries.
- There are 20 group applications submitted by the deadline.
- You are in a four person group that receives #7 in the group lottery
- Ahead of you in the group lottery are three 2 person groups, one 3 person group, and two 4 person groups.
- At group room selection, your group will be the 7th called to choose an apartment/suite.
- However, your group will also be the third 4 person group to select an apartment/suite.
GROUP ROOM SELECTION
Every student in your group must turn in their $240 nonrefundable housing deposit at the appropriate group room selection night on either March 26th or 27th, 2013. If any student in a group does not have their deposit or deposit receipt at room selection, the entire group will not be allowed to choose an apartment/suite. If a student in your group is unable to attend on this night, he/she will need to arrange a proxy to stand in for him/her.