At MassArt, students are challenged to extend the boundaries of learning through the activities they become involved in, the resources they utilize, and the people they meet. Students are continually encouraged to contribute to the campus community in ways that can make a difference.
The Office of Student Activities and Programs provides quality services to students that contribute to their academic and co-curricular success. The office works closely with faculty, staff, students, and especially the MassArt Activities Council (MAC) student programming board, one of the student organizations that plans activities to meet the social, cultural, educational, recreational and wellness interests of students.
Student Activities and Programs serves as a resource for students by:
- co-sponsoring the college's student leadership program.
- working with the SGA advisor to assist in providing support to over 40 recognized Student Government Association (SGA) student organizations.
- working with Colleges of the Fenway student activities committee to provide co-sponsored programming amongt 6 area colleges including: intramural sports and events, welcome month programming, block party, spring week, late night programming, welcome socials (LGBTQ social, students, faculty and staff of color social, and international students social), leadership conference, trips, etc.
- coordinating the holiday and spring sales for students and alumni to sell their artwork
The Office of Student Activities and Programs hires and advises student leaders in the following areas:
- Campus Center Manager: oversee the operations of the MassArt student center, which is open 7 days a week and hosts events throughout the academic year.
- Student Galleries Manager: plan, jury, and program student galleries throughout the academic year.
- MassArt Activities Council (MAC) student programming board: to plan activities to meet the social, cultural, educational, and recreational interests of students.
- Holiday and spring sales: hire student leaders and alumni to work as sales associates, student security, student display specialists, and graphic designers for promotional materials.
Colleges of the Fenway late night programming, sushi and karaoke, coffeehouses, battle of the bands, Alcohol Awareness Week, art and healing week, monthly cultural celebrations (i.e., Hispanic Heritage Month, National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Native American History Month, Black History Month, Women's History Month, national poetry awareness month), holiday celebrations (i.e., Chanukah, Kwanza, Christmas), AIDS awareness, Walk for Hunger, Cinco de Mayo, monthly pizza with the president open forums for students, and a variety of other programs are sponsored by the Office of Student Activities and Programs to provide alcohol-free evening and weekend events.
To contact the Director of Student Activities and Programs, please email Elizabeth DiCicco at Elizabeth.email@example.com